Monday, January 4, 2010

My first visitor to the base was my mom

Well over the holiday's I was so excited I got to have my mom here for 10 days, they went so fast, its sort of like a blur. It was great to see my mom but honestly for the first time in my life I was embarrased to bring my mom home.
Don't get me wrong my house is VERY clean! It the area, and my neighbors. I have been trying to prepar her for my neighborhood for the last 8 months, so she was a little prepared.
I picked her up at the airport I was so excited I could not even think straight, I was getting to see my mom and she was going to stay with me for 10 days, we were all excited even my husband probally because I was fianlly in a great mood. We are in the car heading back to the base and the hole time I'm excited but I'm starting to feel really ansious about taking her to my house. So I remind her the outside is gross and my neighbors are crazy but the inside is cute and the surrounding area is cute outside of the base. So she is ready, at least that is what she said. As we pull down my street I look over and her mouth is open which is not a good sign, she says oh your connected to 6 other houses I said yes mom, I told you the area is gross but my house is small but cute. So we get out and we are walking up to the house and out come the first neighbor, I thought my mom was going to run for the house. It went well...
She got inside and did her look around and gave me a good rating but she was truley disgusted by the outer apperance of the house, I try to explain to her I can't do anything with the front of the house, that housing is crazy and we can't have things in our yard. The house was very small for one more adult to be inside but my son gave up his room and slept on the couch while my mom was in town.
The second day was a blast we went to Manitou Springs and walked around it was so cold it made it hard to be outside all day but it was fun to hangout with her we went to all the vintage shops and tried on crazy hats and sunglasses it was a great day!
The third day we hung out at the house because it was snowing which was fine we had alot of projects to work on at the house, the 4th and 5th day was christmas eve and christmas day so we hung out and did christmas things around the house.
The 6 and 7th days were alot of fun we found fabric and stitchery store in and around colorado springs that was a great time. My mom is so crafty and she seems to motive me when she is around to be more crafty so of course I had to get some goodies in the stores.
The 8th and 9th day we realized her time was almost up, we still had so much we wanted to do but it was way to cold to walk around outside so we did a couple fo different project around the house , which she was thrilled about so that made me happy. On the final and 10th day we were both sad I was more sad that she was leaving I think because I would be stuck in the place with out my mom again. Just typing it makes me feel pathetic, I'm almost 40 and I miss my mom like a child. I really think its because I'm so happy on this base.
Taking her to the airpost was hard, the tears were flowing and I knew going back to the house would be the same. But I came home and kept myself very busy to help by the time.
Oh my gosh I forgot to tell you the craziest story, me and my mom were out on one of our adventures and she was taking pictures while we were out and about, as we pull up to the gate to the base I tell her to put the camera away you can't take picture of the gates. I think she thought I was joking as we pull up to the gate gaurd I llok over and my mom is hanign out the window taking pictures. To say the least the gate gaurd was a bit pissed off and he took the camera and deleted the pictures gave us a talking to and sent us on our way... It was sort of our big excitment for the night...lol

1 comment:

  1. love the story about the gate guard sounds like something my mom would have done on a trip to see me.

    ReplyDelete